Ok, ya’ll know I have all these opinions about all these things. Well, here’s one more thing I have an opinion about. Before you tell me “you don’t know what’s going on behind closed doors” blah blah, lemme tell you that my opinions are based on what THEY choose to let us see on THEIR show. They’re also my OPINIONS, just opinions. Here goes…
1. First of all, I definitely think you’re in crisis. Mid life or not, you’re in crisis my friend. Good news? You’re not the first nor the last. I’m amazed you didn’t crack sooner.
2. You, my friend, are angry! Yeah I said it: you’re PISSED! Some of it may be rational and some of it may not be. Right now, what I think you should do is acknowledge that you’re angry. I do believe that part of you – a LARGE part – is angry at your wife Kate and how much she has to travel but also how much you had to give up to give your children the life you want them to have. On top of that, I don’t think that YOU feel valued or appreciated for your contribution to your family. In other words, in your home, I don’t think that you feel valued and appreciated for the sacrifices you’ve made. Additionally, I don’t think that you feel valued or appreciated because you’re not the visible one. Kate is the one people see on the road, the one who seems to be WORKING for the family while you seem to be the forgotten one. Remember, I’m not saying that these things are true. I’m saying that I think you think that these things are true.
3. I think you already have one foot outside the door. Actually, I think you’re gone. I think you’re relieved at the prospect of not having all this responsibility and yet you feel a little guilty like you really shouldn’t feel relief to be relieved of your duties as papa and hubby.
4. I think that you’re hoping that all this would go away, just for a bit. I think you need a break, and a serious serious one at that!
5. I do think that as much as you love your kids (and even Kate), you feel like/think you’ve lost or are losing your youth.
These are just some of the things that I think are going on with you. In your overwhelmed state of mind, now may not be the time to think about these things, but when you’re ready they’ll be here.
Good luck, and hang in there.